3 CAB DEPTHS
3 cab versions adapted to the needs and applications of your profession:
- Day Cab 1.6 m deep, normal roof, for optimised bodying and a compact vehicle.
- Global Cab 2mdeep, normal roof. Four trim levels to ensure the vehicle is perfectly suited to the customer’s needs
- Sleeper Cab 2.2mdeep for maximum comfort.
DXi11 Euro 3
243 Kw (330 hp) at 1900 rpm - 1650 Nm from 1000 to 1440 rpm.
279 kW (379 hp) at 1900 rpm - 1900 Nm from 1000 to 1400 rpm.
321 kW (436 hp) at 1900 rpm - 2000 Nm from 1100 to 1400 rpm.
DXi13 Euro 3
331 kW (450 hp) from 1450 to 1800 rpm - 2200 Nm from 1050 to 1400 rpm.
360 kW (490 hp) from 1450 to 1800 rpm - 2400 Nm from 1050 to 1400 rpm.
New gearboxes guarantee the optimal combined advantages of payload, lower consumption and driving pleasure: three, 16- speed manual gearboxes and two 12-speed robotised gearboxes.
3 systems to enhance gearchanging comfort:
- The cable control brings comfort (vibration damping), flexibility and safety by preventing gears jumping out because of combined cab and chassis movement.
- Servoshift gearchanging assistance that takes up 75 % of the effort needed to change gears.
- Gearboxes are equipped with the "Super H" pattern control.
The Super H
The Super H pattern control superimposes gears 5 to 8 onto gears 1 to 4.
Simply press the button atop the gear lever knob to move from one speed range to another.
The electro valve protects the system from gearchanging errors.
The range splitter synchro protection prevents shifting from a high-range to a low-range gear.
Gear selection is precise, fast (reduced throw) and safe (electro valve).
The gearbox is adapted for use with double reduction drive axles, for even better mobility of the truck.
Optidriver+ gearboxes are robotised boxes adapted for site delivery applications and integrate an "off-road" mode.
Renault Kerax can also be equipped with the Allison series 4000 automatic gearbox.
Wide choice of electronic power take-off units for added safety and reliability:
- Power take-offs on the gearbox.
- Rear-engine power take-off.
- NMV high-power outlet between the engine and the gearbox.
DRIVE AXLES AND AXLES
Solo drive axles:
- P995 front drive axles for 4x4 - 6x6 - 8x6 - 8x8 configurations.
- P1361 rear drive axles for 4x2 - 4x4 configurations.
- 2661, 3361 and 3396 tandems for 6x4 - 6x6 - 8x4 - 8x6 - 8x8 configurations.
- One E93 front axle with 0mmoffset.
APM (AIR PRODUCT MANAGEMENT)
Renault Trucks breaks new ground with its electronic air management system: Air Product Management (APM) is a novel air system that brings greater safety, as well as savings in weight, consumption and maintenance:
- Switch from mechanical air production to electronic air production for enhanced safety and quality.
- Optimised production and processing.
- More braking power when travelling downhill.
- Compressed air produced outside of acceleration phases.
Renault Kerax comes standard with drum brakes. It can also receive the latest generation of the Electronic Braking System, an electronically-controlled air brake system that adjusts the brake pressure applied to each wheel so as to match road adherence conditions.
EBS Basic +
- ABS: vehicle trajectory control during emergency stops.
- Emergency braking assistance: optimised braking distance during emergency braking.
- Engine brake management: on a lightly-loaded vehicle, prevents the rear wheels from locking up when downshifting on wet road surfaces and keeps the vehicle under control.
- Hill-start assistance: releases the brakes without the vehicle rolling backwards.
- ASR wheel antiskid system: maintains control of the vehicle on slippery ground.
- Brake pad wear balancing system: wear balancing between axles so as to carry out a single maintenance operation.
Coupling the brake systems
Renault Trucks can couple the different brake systems: service brakes, engine brake and retarders.
The system is controlled by EBS (electronic brake management) or automatically by pressing the brake pedal:
- Optimised braking, adjusted to match axle load.
- Longer service life of brake pads: distribution of wear.
- Rapid response time.
- Flexible driving.
- 100 % braking capacity available for use.
Front and rear suspensions (normal or reinforced) with shock absorbers and stabiliser bar.
- Parabolic front suspension with a capacity of 8 t and 9 t.
- Parabolic rear suspension with a capacity of 13 t or 15 t.
- Rear suspension with a capacity of 26 t (parabolic), 32 t (semielliptical) or 38 t (4-leaf parabolic) for tandems.